Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

What happened to my font?

May
I'm not blaming TCMD but the before/after pics below show that the font I use in TCMD changed when I updated to build 48. A restart gets it back to normal. Does anyone have an idea how this can happen?
terminal1.png

terminal2.png

This problem may be solved. It was suggested that I change the console's raster font from dosapp.fon to vgaoem.fon (a registry entry). I did that and all looks well. I'll have to wait days, weeks, ... (forever I hope) ... to see if the problem recurs. That change brought my number of raster font choices down to 4. But I still have my favorite. I've been looking at grey on black 8x12 ever since MSDOS and that's not about to change.

If you want to follow the thread on TechNet, go here.

I'm not blaming TCMD but the before/after pics below show that the font I use in TCMD changed when I updated to build 48. A restart gets it back to normal. Does anyone have an idea how this can happen?

I had a problem with fonts at one time, not really similar to yours, but my solution was to add the following lines to my 4start.btm file;
Code:
pushd
cd C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local
if exist FontCache*.dat del /w FontCache*.dat
popd

Clearing the Font Cache solved my font problems, and I have not had any problems since.

There is really no reason to continually clear the Font Cache, only if a problem occurs, but this process takes very little time to complete during the start of a TCC prompt. YMMV.

Joe