Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Win 9x and Win ME

Feb
I have occasion to do a small project which entails interfacing with some 16-bit Windows DLLs running within Win ME (or Win 9x). (I'm running Win ME inside a VMWare virtual machine.) Is there a version of Take Command that I can download and use within this environment?

4DOS is available -- I think there is a version 8 -- With Win 9X you can bolt into dos as the start up shell -- with me it just becomes a icon like command.com --

4DOS is available -- I think there is a version 8 -- With Win 9X you can bolt into dos as the start up shell -- with me it just becomes a icon like command.com --

I have occasion to do a small project which entails interfacing with some 16-bit Windows DLLs running within Win ME (or Win 9x). (I'm running Win ME inside a VMWare virtual machine.) Is there a version of Take Command that I can download and use within this environment?
he latest version of 4nt and Take Command available for Win9x/ME is version 6. Note that Take Command 6 is just a GUI command processor, NOT a tabbed intermediary for multiple text consoles. If you want to execute DOS applications within the command processor, 4NT is much simpler to use. You find them at ftp://ftp.jpsoft.com/oldver/4nt601a.exe and ftp://ftp.jpsoft.com/oldver/tcmd601a.exe.
--
HTH

Thanks so much, Steve, for posting these specific links. I'm now running the 30-day trial for Take Command Version 6 under Windows ME, and it is wonderful.

he latest version of 4nt and Take Command available for Win9x/ME is version 6. Note that Take Command 6 is just a GUI command processor, NOT a tabbed intermediary for multiple text consoles. If you want to execute DOS applications within the command processor, 4NT is much simpler to use. You find them at ftp://ftp.jpsoft.com/oldver/4nt601a.exe and ftp://ftp.jpsoft.com/oldver/tcmd601a.exe.
--
HTH

Back