Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Win7, FTP, TCC

May
The first time I started CuteFTP in Win7 I got a prompt from Windows Firewall to allow it; I said yes and it works fine.

The first time I tried "copy "ftp://..." with TCC I got a similar prompt and said yes. Bit it doesn't work. I have two Inbound rules for TCC (as for CuteFTP) ... UDP/TCP ... Private/Domain ... Allow ...any, any, ...

As I said it doesn't work. Sniffing, when I give an FTP command to TCC I see outgoing requests to port 21 and no responses.

Similarly, IE8 can't FTP (and I get no firewall prompt).

The first time I started CuteFTP in Win7 I got a prompt from Windows Firewall to allow it; I said yes and it works fine.

The first time I tried "copy "ftp://..." with TCC I got a similar prompt and said yes. Bit it doesn't work. I have two Inbound rules for TCC (as for CuteFTP) ... UDP/TCP ... Private/Domain ... Allow ...any, any, ...

As I said it doesn't work. Sniffing, when I give an FTP command to TCC I see outgoing requests to port 21 and no responses.

Similarly, IE8 can't FTP (and I get no firewall prompt).

Solved ... I was using "ftp://jpsoft.com". That should be "ftp://ftp.jpsoft.com". The correct name was hard-coded into CuteFTP (so it worked); but not so in TCC or IE. It's all better now.