Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Windows 10 This app can't run on your PC

Dec
I have been using TCC LE x64 14.0 on Windows 10 at my work place successfully for a while now. My company recently upgraded the Windows 10 version and the application no longer runs and I get the error message:

"This app can't run on your PC. To find a version for your PC, check with the software publisher."

After doing some research, it is possible it is related to a Windows Defender Security Center "SmartScreen" setting that might have changed under "Check apps and files" set to "Block". Our domain policy doesn't allow me to change the setting to see if another option will make the application work again. I can't be certain this setting is indeed the issue, but I wanted to mention it in case it's the reason.

Is this a known issue and are there any suggestions to get the application working again?

I was able to install TCC v24 and it is working on the same PC that TCC LE is no longer working so it looks like there is something unique about TCC LE that is causing the problem.

As I mentioned in my original post, TCC LE was working fine on Windows 10 before, but something changed (e.g. either the Windows specific build which was upgraded to Windows 10 Enterprise Version 1709 or some other security policy setting). That specific error can be caused by many items so it will be difficult to track down. Unfortunately, It will be difficult for me to try things out because I am not able to modify many domain policy settings. Looks like I may have to purchase v24 to keep using TCC on this PC.

Thanks for the quick reply.