Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Windows Terminal and @SELECT

Aug
Code:
     _x64: 1
   _admin: 1
_elevated: 0

TCC  26.01.40 x64   Windows 10 [Version 10.0.18362.900]

When I run the .BTM from Open UWP apps from the command line on Windows 10 in TCC under Windows Terminal;
1594315424423.png

...no @SELECT pops up, and the code launches the first option, Alarm_Clocks.

Running TCC outside of Windows Terminal, or in TCMD, it works as it should.

Joe

Here @SELECT, without your BTM, works OK from TCC in Terminal.

It's OK using CLIP: too.

And your BTM seems OK from terminal. I can't launch most things because I don't have them. But I did successfully launch terminal and maps from @SELECT.

Here's what I get running @SELECT from Windows Terminal via TCC;
Code:
e:\utils>echo %@select[clip:,50,100,175,400,Select an option]
Alarm_Clocks

Joe

If I launch the .BTM using TCC-RT from Windows Terminal via TCC, it works as it should.

It might be a setting in my TCMD.INI file, which TCC-RT is not using,

However, I don't understand what could be affecting it.

Joe

Well, as you said in the post that I linked to,
When TCC is running in Windows Terminal, it doesn't know where to put the history and dirhistory popups
which is correct, so I'm thinking this is also why the @SELECT does not work.

Which, while you did not specifically indicate @SELECT, it seems in line with my problem.

Joe

Well, as you said in the post that I linked to,which is correct, so I'm thinking this is also why the @SELECT does not work.

Which, while you did not specifically indicate @SELECT, it seems in line with my problem.

Joe
Yeah but @SELECT works OK here even though the dialog shows up in an odd place.

Well, it works in TCC stand-alone, TCC in TCMD, but not TCC in Windows Terminal, unless I start TCC in Windows Terminal without the TCMD.INI file.

In what odd place does the dialog show up on your system?

Joe

Well, it works in TCC stand-alone, TCC in TCMD, but not TCC in Windows Terminal, unless I start TCC in Windows Terminal without the TCMD.INI file.

In what odd place does the dialog show up on your system?

Joe
The coordinates are interpreted relative to the desktop (instead of relative to the console window).

The coordinates are interpreted relative to the desktop (instead of relative to the console window).
Probably not the desktop, but this window (which is returned by GetConsoleWindow().

Code:
Module:  C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.WindowsTerminal_1.0.1811.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\OpenConsole.exe
Class:   PseudoConsoleWindow
Title:   [none]
Enabled: Yes
Visible: No
Show:    NORMAL
LTRB:    0 0 128 31

Probably not the desktop, but this window (which is returned by GetConsoleWindow().

Code:
Module:  C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.WindowsTerminal_1.0.1811.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\OpenConsole.exe
Title:   [none]
Show:    NORMAL
LTRB:    0 0 128 31

Heehee! I can actually move that window around. After

Code:
echo %@winapi[user32.dll,MoveWindow,%@eval[0x000F0532],100,100,128,32,0]

it's

Code:
LTRB:    100 100 228 132

And the @SELECT dialog positions itself accordingly.