Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

winfr command

Oct
Hello -- there is a new MS tool in the ms store called windows file recovery --- it us installed as a "apps" -- when
I try to run it in a tcc window i get an error that the file can't be accessed by the system

does starting this from the start/apps do something different then the cmd prompt? Thanks

Store versions of Office apps were behaving like that and Rex did something about it. What does "WHICH /A winfr" say? With, for example, excel, I see.

Code:
v:\> which /a excel
excel is an external : C:\Users\vefatica\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps\excel.EXE
excel is an external : C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.Office.Desktop.Excel_16051.12228.20364.0_x86__8wekyb3d8bbwe\Office16\EXCEL.exe

TCC can't execute the first of those and can execute the second. I don't know if there's a generic solution which will handle all store apps, present and future.

It's weird. On one of my home systems, it works fine from both TCC (25.00.30) and from CMD. On the other, CMD works but I see the same error as the OP in TCC.