Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

x264 with TCC/LE -> strange confirmation prompt

Sep
Hi,
I am using x264.exe from x264.nl to encode some movies into H.264 format. My current setup works well with cmd.exe, but calling the x264.exe from TCC/LE results in a weird, text-less Yes/No prompt:
Code:
[ C:\Program Files\JPSoft\TCCLE13x64 ]
> "\Program Files (x86)\Videotools\x264.exe" --help
 (Y/N)? N

[ C:\Program Files\JPSoft\TCCLE13x64 ]
>
Hitting "Y" at that prompt starts x264 as expected and -- in this case -- displays the help text as instructed.

This behavior also happens from .cmd files, which makes it pretty much useless since I simply want to encode a couple of files and not have to sit at the computer, confirming every single encode.

Can anybody confirm this or, better yet, suggest a fix? I'd rather not have to go back to cmd.exe depending on the task I am about to perform.

TIA,
lcg

I don't use tccle a lot, but it sounds like you need to find the
"duplicate cmd bugs" option and turn it on, if it isn't already.

type "option" and a dialog box of different options pops up.

On 12/03/2011 08:50 AM, lcg wrote:

> Hi,
> I am using x264.exe from x264.nl to encode some movies into H.264 format. My current setup works well with cmd.exe, but calling the x264.exe from TCC/LE results in a weird, text-less Yes/No prompt:
>
> Code:
> ---------
>
> [ C:\Program Files\JPSoft\TCCLE13x64 ]
>> "\Program Files (x86)\Videotools\x264.exe" --help
> (Y/N)? N
>
> [ C:\Program Files\JPSoft\TCCLE13x64 ]
>>
> ---------
> Hitting "Y" at that prompt starts x264 as expected and -- in this case -- displays the help text as instructed.
>
> This behavior also happens from .cmd files, which makes it pretty much useless since I simply want to encode a couple of files and not have to sit at the computer, confirming every single encode.
>
> Can anybody confirm this or, better yet, suggest a fix? I'd rather not have to go back to cmd.exe depending on the task I am about to perform.
>
> TIA,
> lcg
>
>
>
>
>

I don't use tccle a lot, but it sounds like you need to find the
"duplicate cmd bugs" option and turn it on, if it isn't already.

No, that wasn't it. (It was already on, BTW; turning it off didn't help, either.)

Thanks,
lcg

Not reproducible here. Are you running any TCC plugins or aliases that might be modifying the input line?
No plugins, no aliases. It's pretty much a standard installation, with only a few options modified (mostly command history stuff).

Is there a way to get TCC to emit some debug output so I (or you) can see what is going on?

Thanks,
lcg