Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

XenForo styles

May
My eyesight deteriorated. You can notice it in the much more frequent mistypes. Is there a way to select other fonts, e.g. Times New Roman, as derault for my work?

I use an extension in Chrome called "Stylish". It is used override the CSS styles of any page. You could probably use GreaseMonkey or something similar also.

Thamks but I do not have Chrome. I am afraid of the six-valent form of chromium, it's poisonous. In Firefox (build 29) indicates that it is "all or nothing", cam't make cjanges for just a single website.

Wouldn't it be easier and more effective just to increase the type size? Control-Num+ should do that, and I believe Firefox retains the setting on a per-site basis.

Yes, it did the job without effecting other sites. But XenForo did not display my post even by "New Posts". Tried before restarting Firefox, but showed only in the new session.

Holding the Ctrl key down and scrolling the mouse wheel also zooms in and out.

Perhaps there's a problem with your browser's cookies. Maybe clear them out?

In Firefox (build 29) indicates that it is "all or nothing"
I have Firefox 29. I installed the Stylish addon and it works just like in Chrome (even with the Erin Brockovich reference.) You can have site specific modifications.
Screenshot - 5_1_2014 , 14_19_22.png

I tried just increasing the (default) font size. Makes it easier to read, but also reduces too much the "code" block.

I installed the "stylish" Firefox add-on, but I would appreciate detail instruction how to activate it only in XenForo.

You said you liked Times New Roman font so, here you go...
  1. Click Stylish button
  2. Click "Write new style"
  3. Click "Blank style..."
  4. In the "Name" field type JPSoft Forum
  5. In the code box below the "Insert" button, paste the following...
    HTML:
    @-moz-document url-prefix("http://jpsoft.com/forums/") {

.messageText { 
            font-family: "Times New Roman";
            font-size: 1.5em;
            color: black;
        }
        .bbCodeBlock pre, .bbCodeBlock .code {
            font-size: .68em;  /* 10pt default =~ .68em (I prefer em sizing) */
        }

}
  6. Edit as desired
  7. Click the save button
Edit: Added code block sizing.

Last edited:
Appreciated. There is just one thing I can't find: the Stylsh button. This morning - I hope it was unrelated - I had temporary Internet access rate in telephone modem range (under 100 kb/s) and I turned things off and on. This effected both my Win7 and my WinXP. Sometimes a Stylish thanks for installing tab was the first one, not now.

Under the Firefox "Tools" menu, select "Add-ons" (or you can just type CTRL-SHIFT-A). The "Extensions" tab (on the left) will let you see if you have disabled Stylish and enable it again. If it is enabled, you can also create/edit/disable your styles from the "User Styles" tab (on the left) on the same Add-ons Manager page.

The help was tremendous, all existing posts are much more readable. But one of my problems is newly posting, and it reverts to Arial...

That's odd; here it always seems to default to Georgia. (At least as readable as Times, IMHO.)

I am using Georgia for writing this post, and it would be perfectly good if it were default. How do you do that? Note: the actual post is now TNR, but what I type (which I have difficulty with) is sans serif with very narrow i,l, etc. I think Arial, but I have not discovered how I can interrogate XenForo what it is.
Thanks for every ones' patience!

I've never messed with it much, but it appears that the forum style (down in the lower left corner, just above "Forum software by XenForo") affects the default typeface for drafts. If I change it to "BP-White", new posts default to some sans face -- Arial? Tahoma? When it's set to "Default Style", new posts default to (I think) Georgia.

Hunh. And it also affects existing posts for which no font was specifically set. If I change the forum style to "BP-White", then my post above, which I claim is in Georgia, appears in the sans instead.

Well, I just changed from BP-White to Default style. It's quite acceptable. THANK ALL! Of course, I now need to try if for a few days...

HELP! The Default Style threads are now perfect for my use. However, the XenForo toolbar from Mark Forums Read to New Posts have no contrast - the tool labels are not readable.

Are you still using Stylish? If so...
HTML:
@-moz-document url-prefix("http://jpsoft.com/forums/") {
  .messageText {
    font-family: "Times New Roman";
    font-size: 1.5em;
    color: black;
  }
  .bbCodeBlock pre, .bbCodeBlock .code {
    font-size: .68em; /* 10pt default =~ .68em (I prefer em sizing) */
  }
  .navTabs .navTab.selected .tabLinks a {