- TCC/LE is a complete CMD replacement, and is compatible with your existing Windows command prompt and CMD batch files, while adding thousands of new features.
- The familiar environment means you are immediately more productive with your everyday tasks, and TCC/LE's consistent command syntax reduces your learning and development time.
- The comprehensive help speeds your development and reduces syntax errors.
- TCC/LE is available in English, French, German, Italian, Russian, and Spanish. (Online help is currently in English only.)
- The TCC/LE scripting language is a large superset of the default Windows CMD shell, with 111 commands, 140 functions and 97 internal variables.
- The scripting language includes a complete set of flow control structures including IF-Then-Else, DO and FOR loops, SWITCH, subroutines, etc.
- Almost all of the CMD commands (e.g. DIR, COPY, DEL, START, etc.) are substantially enhanced, with hundreds of additional options.
- TCC/LE includes multiple types of redirection, including redirecting and piping to STDERR, and TEE and Y pipe fittings.
- You can redefine your commands with aliases, and assign frequently used commands to a single keystroke.
- The enhanced command line editor provides command line and directory history, filename and directory completion, and advanced cut and paste options.
- The built-in text and binary file viewer includes bidirectional scrolling, advanced search, and print capabilities.
- Send keystrokes to any window (command prompt or GUI).
- Select or exclude files by date, time, size, and extended wildcards or regular expressions for extraordinary flexibility in file management.
- You can specify multiple filenames for most of the TCC/LE file processing commands (COPY, DEL, DIR, MOVE, etc.).
- Find and navigate to any directory on your system by entering only part of its name with extended directory searches.
- Create your own variables or commands with plugins, or choose from the many third-party plugin libraries available.
Note that JP Software does not provide any phone or email support for TCC/LE. Please use our TCC/LE Support Forum for support provided by other TCC/LE users.
The graphical environment is not included in TCC/LE. Get our flagship product Take Command to get the power of our graphical environment, thousands of additional features and a full batch debugger / IDE.
TCC/LE is compatible with any version of Microsoft XP (SP2 or later), 2003, Vista, 2008, Windows 7, Windows 8, Server 2012, and Windows 10, including 64-bit versions. TCC/LE is available in 32-bit and 64-bit versions, and requires a minimum of 30Mb of free disk space.
See Windows Command Shells: Comparing CMD, TCC/LE, and Take Command for a comparison of each Windows command processor.
Learn more about the Windows Command Prompt and Windows BAT Files.