Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

How to? Save/Restore "More Commands..." Configuration

Jun
Every time there is an update (such as to version 32.10.21 from 32.10.20) all of my custom configurations for the keyboard and quick access bar are lost. Is there something I can do to save them?

OK, but how do I do that? And where is the information being stored now? TCMD is getting it from somewhere (until an program update occurs).

from the eWriter help:

Code:
Locating the TCMD.INI File 

1) When starting TCC (a "primary shell"):

Onestep If there is an @d:\path\inifile option on the startup command line, TCC will use the path and file name specified there.

Onestep Otherwise, the default .INI file name in the table below is used, and the search starts in the directory where the TCC program file is stored. If the .INI file is not found, TCC will look in the %LOCALAPPDATA% directory. 

If no .INI file is found, all options are set to their default values. A new .INI file will be created, using the default location and name, as explained above.

2) When starting TCC (a "secondary" shell) from another TCC shell:

TCC retrieves the  primary shell's .INI file data, processes the [Secondary] section of the original .INI file if necessary, and then processes any @d:\path\inifile option on the secondary shell command line.

See Command Line Options for more details about the startup command line.

Actually, I think the stuff Jay is asking about lives in the registry, not the .INI file. Maybe under HKCU\SOFTWARE\JP SOFTWARE\Take Command xx.yy — note that these keys do include the major and minor version numbers.

I have not tested this myself! — but it might be possible to export the old version's key with RegEdit, update the version number with a text editor, and then re-import.