Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Done SYNC one way only

Jul
It would be, for me, convenient if the sync command worked by synchronizing the destination and then stop.

Take a look at the /W option of the COPY command, which the help describes as:

Delete files in the target directory that don't exist in the source directory. (Use this instead of SYNC when you only want to synchronize "one way".)

Yes, I already use the /w parameter, but once the destination has been synchronized, the command does not stop and tries to synchronize the source but in certain devices (such as a USB HD attached directly to the router as a simple NAS), probably due to a "misalignment" of the time, were copied to the source.

Are you talking about the /w option of the SYNC command? Because I was talking about the /W opt of the COPY command. The COPY command does nothing to the source, if you run a COPY /w your destination folder should be left with identical contents to the source folder, and the source folder will be untouched, which was what I understood you to mean you wanted in your first post.

It would make sense to add /U, particularly if there are a large number of unchanged files in the folder, it will be much quicker.

Back