Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

A history recall bugs?

May
TCC/V11: If I type a few characters which don't match the beginning if a command history string and press {Up}, I don't hear the not_found beep for about 9 seconds (during which time I can't do anything). Similarly if I find matches, {Up} until there are no more matches, then {Up} again.

V10, which shares the same 144186-byte (at the moment) history shows none of those symptoms; all is virtually instantaneous.

Another little nit: if exactly 2 command in the history match a partial command line, they are not both visible when the command history window is opened; I must scroll that window to discicer that there's a second matching command. The one showing/selected is the most recent and there's an empty line below it (in a 2-line window). This does not happen in v10.

Two more (and a really crazy observation).

If, with an empty command line, I press and hold {Up} until I get to the top of the history list (takes a long time), I'm stuck there ... no keystrokes work (Down, Esc, ...) and that situation doesn't seem to go away..
That's not so in v10.

Now in TCMD, with the tab window wider than the underlying console, empty command line, press/hold {Up} as above ... previous commands which wrap are not completely erased.

Here's a wild one: with a big history, while holding {Up} as above, drag the TCC console window around with the mouse on its title bar ... don't let the left button up ... try to hold the console window still ... you can't it just floats up, up, up ... 'til it's off the screen. (v10 does the same thing)

Here's a wild one: with a big history, while holding {Up} as above, drag the TCC console window around with the mouse on its title bar ... don't let the left button up ... try to hold the console window still ... you can't it just floats up, up, up ... 'til it's off the screen. (v10 does the same thing)

I guess that's not wild at all; it's a normal way to move a window (LBUTTONDOWN + keys).

I see this same stuck behavior, though my beep is a short beep
followed by about the same duration of unresponsiveness. When I
checked "Wrap" in the command history the problem went away. That
wasn't surprising, of course.

On Thu, Nov 5, 2009 at 8:33 PM, vefatica <> wrote:

> TCC/V11: If I type a few characters which don't match the beginning if a command history string and press {Up}, I don't hear the not_found beep for about 9 seconds (during which time I can't do anything). *Similarly if I find matches, {Up} until there are no more matches, then {Up} again.
>
> V10, which shares the same 144186-byte (at the moment) history shows none of those symptoms; all is virtually instantaneous.
>
> Another little nit: if exactly 2 command in the history match a partial command line, they are not both visible when the command history window is opened; I must scroll that window to discicer that there's a second matching command. *The one showing/selected is the most recent and there's an empty line below it (in a 2-line window). *This does not happen in v10.
>
>
>
>
>

--
Jim Cook
2009 Saturdays: 4/4, 6/6, 8/8, 10/10, 12/12 and 5/9, 9/5, 7/11, 11/7.
Next year they're Sunday.

Doesn't have anything to do with TCC; it's the Windows console manager doing it. (Every console window behaves the same way.)

This also happens in TCC.

Could stop it by setting "HistWrap = No" (rsp. commentint it out).

Please check this!

nickles