Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Ad hoc Firefox profiles

May
This is new to me; maybe not to others.

If you run firefox -P, you have the opportunity to create a firefox "profile". I haven't done much with it but it will remember the start page, screen location, and size (and no doubt many other things) for an instance of a particular Firefox profile. I start the one I made (so far) with firefox -P Everything_SDK which takes me to the documentation for the Everything programming API and uses a suitable size and location for the Firefox window. If I used TCC's online help, I'd probably do the same thing there. I'm not sure about running sevaral Firefox profiles at once; each accounts for at least 7 instances of firefox.exe.

I didn't know about profiles in Firefox, but I have used them in Chrome. When I open Chrome, it asks me which profile to use. I have them for different organizations with which I work and that have different Google accounts (i.e., different gmail addresses, calendars, contact lists, etc.).

I mainly use Firefox (I was having some issue with Chrome and got tired of fighting it). I still use it for the non-personal profiles. Now you've given me a new thing to explore.

Back