Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Admin Rights

Charles, yes in Vista. Modify it how?

Just open Properties for the shortcut, click the Advanced button and then check "Run as administrator".

This works for opening admin prompts from the desktop/start menu, but is there also a way to start an elevated command prompt from the command line? Preferably to start an elevated TCC session from another non-elevated TCC session. There does not seem to be any switches in the START command for this as far as I can see.

Charles, yes in Vista. Modify it how?

If you open the properties for the shortcut, on the "Shortcut" tab there should be an Advanced button. That should open a dialog with a "Run as Administrator" tick box. Is that what you wanted? (No, I really don't know. I'm still largely able to avoid Vista. What if Microsoft threw an OS, and nobody came?)

If you open the properties for the shortcut, on the "Shortcut" tab there should be an Advanced button. That should open a dialog with a "Run as Administrator" tick box. Is that what you wanted? (No, I really don't know. I'm still largely able to avoid Vista. What if Microsoft threw an OS, and nobody came?)

Ah. Thanks.

Regards,
Chuck

Back