Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Any way to restore the Text Based "Select File" Windows in TCC

Jan
The new Window based popups are really annoying. They don't retain their size and/or position, and most of the time they open up to a really bad default. It's usually the worst case scenario of too short to show all the files, and the right edge of the window is frequently clear off the side of the screen, even though there's plenty of room on the monitor.

I much preferred the old 4NT text style selectors, so is there a way to restore those in TCC.EXE. I'm using TCMD 12.10.56

Thanks

re: Any way to restore the Text Based "Select File" Windows in TCC

The new Window based popups are really annoying. They don't retain their size and/or position, and most of the time they open up to a really bad default.

Not exactly "new" (about 4 years now).

The new windows *do* retain their size & position, unless you're using the old-style positioning syntax in your .INI file (i.e., using row/columns instead of pixels). Look in your TCMD.INI and remove any "PopupWin..." and "CDDWin..." entries.

I much preferred the old 4NT text style selectors, so is there a way to restore those in TCC.EXE. I'm using TCMD 12.10.56

No.

re: Any way to restore the Text Based "Select File" Windows in TCC

The new windows *do* retain their size & position, unless you're using the old-style positioning syntax in your .INI file (i.e., using row/columns instead of pixels). Look in your TCMD.INI and remove any "PopupWin..." and "CDDWin..." entries.
That did the job. Thanks.