1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Breaking change in takecmd.lib 19.0.31

Discussion in 'Plugins' started by rconn, Jan 13, 2016.

1. rconn

rconn Administrator
    Staff Member

The next build of TCC (which will be released in a day or two) will not load any plugins that staticly link to the old error() function in takecmd.dll. You should be using TCError(), or GetProcAddress() to dynamically link, or just do it yourself (with the FormatMessage API).

As I warned the plugin authors six months ago, this is outside of my control -- Microsoft changed the RTL startup code to include an exported error() function, and I can no longer hack around it. (Unless I spend a couple of weeks reverting to an old version of VS and most of the external libs & dlls -- which I'm not going to do.)

2. vefatica

I can't find TCError() in any LIB. If you put it there, we wouldn't have to GetProcAddress().

3. rconn

rconn Administrator
    Staff Member

It's in TakeCmd.lib (and in the takecmd.def file that creates the lib). But if you don't have VS2015 you're not going to be able to read the lib (Microsoft changed the format).