Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Checking for UNC path readiness

Jun
In TCC version 16, @ready[\\myserver\c$] returned 1 if myserver could be reached on the network, even if it hadn't been authenticated yet. Now in TCC version 28 (the latest), it returns, "The parameter is incorrect." Why the change, but more importantly, is there a way I can query if a UNC path is reachable, and that's compatible with both V16 and V28?

How about %@IF[exist \\myserver\c$,1,0].

My old computer died so I can't test it and I can't go back beyond TCC v24. :confused:

I have a few older versions here, and can replicate the problem. It looks like whatever changed, it happened in v22 (early 2018). I don't see anything about @READY in the What's New for v28.

V28's help says explicitly that @READY doesn't work for UNC drives. What do older help files say?

I take it back. @READY with a UNC name worked for me once. Now it gives the same error message.

That line about not supporting UNC drives appears at least as far back as Take Command v11.

I take it back. @READY with a UNC name worked for me once. Now it gives the same error message.

That line about not supporting UNC drives appears at least as far back as Take Command v11.
Well, I didn't RTM back in v16, and it worked, even if it wasn't supported. :-) Obviously I can't complain about something not working that was unsupported!