Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Closing detached consoles

May
With "Close if no tabs exist" UNCHECKED, one tab (the default TCC12) ... Tabs\DetachTab ... the console detaches/appears and TCMD has no tabs.

If (1) I issue EXIT in the console TCC.EXE disappears from TaskMgr but the console window is not destroyed!!! It's still visible and can be minimized, maximized, and restored.

If (2, instead or subsequent to 1) I "X" the console, both TCC and TCMD disappear.

Reproduced on two (XPSP3) computers.

... TCC.EXE disappears from TaskMgr but the console window is ... still visible and can be minimized, maximized, and restored.
I've had this happen in the past, but had no clue why it happened. Wrote it off as "weird", logged out and back in to reset my processes and get rid of the window, and promptly forgot about it until you just mentioned it.

Any comment on this one?

With "Close if no tabs exist" UNCHECKED, one tab (the default TCC12) ... Tabs\DetachTab ... the console detaches/appears and TCMD has no tabs.

If (1) I issue EXIT in the console TCC.EXE disappears from TaskMgr but the console window is not destroyed!!! It's still visible and can be minimized, maximized, and restored.

If (2, instead or subsequent to 1) I "X" the console, both TCC and TCMD disappear.

Reproduced on two (XPSP3) computers.