Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

DIR not showing files that CAN be seen with explorer.exe

Apr
I am currently trialling Take Command and absolutely love it so far. I've noticed an unusual glitch, though, that I can't seem to find an answer for.

I first noticed the glitch when I tried to run c:\windows\system32\msconfig.exe and received a "File Not Found" message. When I investigated, I found the DIR command would not show msconfig.exe, even though folder view showed that c:\windows\system32\msconfig.exe DID exist.

msconfig.exe is NOT hidden, system or read-only. I have the appropriate permissions to list the file. Any ideas why Take Command cannot find the file?

Regards,
John

jalong wrote:

> I am currently trialling Take Command and absolutely love it so far. I've noticed an unusual glitch, though, that I can't seem to find an answer for.
>
> I first noticed the glitch when I tried to run c:\windows\system32\msconfig.exe and received a "File Not Found" message. When I investigated, I found the DIR command would not show msconfig.exe, even though folder view showed that c:\windows\system32\msconfig.exe DID exist.
>
> msconfig.exe is NOT hidden, system or read-only. I have the appropriate permissions to list the file. Any ideas why Take Command cannot find the file?

Are you using 32-bit or 64-bit Windows?

Rex Conn
JP Software