Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Discovered WT last week

Jun
113
7
I didn't even know that Windows Terminal existed until last week. I might have looked at it a couple of years ago, decided that it has nothing special to offer that I couldn't get with mintty or TCMD or ConEmu, so I just ignored it and decided not to look further. But now I'm more aware and at least thinking about its capabilities.

For those who actually use it, what does Windows Terminal have to offer that is not available from TCMD, mintty, or ConEmu?
 
There's also Releases · microsoft/terminal

I get the x64 ZIP ones for the release version and the preview version and unzip them to d:\wt and d:\wtp. Beyond that, I only make App Path entries for them

Code:
v:\> which wt
wt is an external (App Path HKLM): D:\wt\windowsterminal.exe

v:\> which wtp
wtp is an external (App Path HKLM): D:\wtp\windowsterminal.exe

and an AutoHotKey script entry to start the preview version (which runs almost all the time here).
 
Actually I don't exactly unzip them. I open the ZIP files, go inside the top level folder, select all, copy, and paste them to d:\wt and d:\wtp. This avoids that top level folder.
 
Back
Top