Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Enhancements for the next version, descriptions

Jan
TCC descriptions are for me indispensable, but it would even better if there were also tag facility (ie, if you could add a separate field that one could to for example tag files as vacation pictures or how to files). At one time I thought it would be easy to use the non-displayed part of the description for that. Well it just might be for a someone smarter, more persistent and more diligent, but I finally abandoned the effort. The pieces are still lying around somewhere on my machine. If they were easily to hand I could show you how not to go about it.

Take a look at;

Simple Version Resource Tool for Windows
A utility for creating version info on executable files without Resource Compiler

Note that source code is available.

Joe

(ie, if you could add a separate field that one could to for example tag files as vacation pictures or how to files)
This depends on the program that would use these "tags". Just adding arbitrary information is easy: you can use NTFS file streams to write about anything to the filesystem. But it's not useful if you can't make other programs see it or in any other way use.

This depends on the program that would use these "tags". Just adding arbitrary information is easy: you can use NTFS file streams to write about anything to the filesystem. But it's not useful if you can't make other programs see it or in any other way use.
For sure.

Of course one such program would be tcmd/tcc as in dir /[tag-flag].. or more likely some variant of pdir. And maybe Everything with instead of an /i"*desc-attribute*" we'd have a /[tag-flag]... one.

Really the important thing is for tcmd/tcc to take care of the copying, moving and renaming aspects of managing the tags along with exposing them as above, like it does now for descriptions.