Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Hidden console doesn't close

On Tue, 17 May 2011 09:36:44 -0400, Charles Dye <> wrote:

|Do you by any chance have any plugins loaded? A few of mine temporarily change the console title as a kludgey method of finding the window handle.

It happens (without fail) with or without plugins. Necessary conditions for the
error are

1. existing (possibly empty) TCEXIT.BTM (with path to it in TCMD.INI)
2. "UppdateTitles=No"
3. TITLEPROMPT set
4. TITLE not used in TCEXIT.BTM

2. "UppdateTitles=No"
3. TITLEPROMPT set

Now, with (virtual) Vista ... conditions as above ... when I "X" TCMD, it takes 5 seconds before TCMD and its TCC exit ... not (quite) long enough to elicit the "Windows cannot end ..." message (as in XP) but still not right.

2. "UppdateTitles=No"
3. TITLEPROMPT set

Now, with (virtual) Vista ... conditions as above ... when I "X" TCMD, it takes 5 seconds before TCMD and its TCC exit ... not (quite) long enough to elicit the "Windows cannot end ..." message (as in XP) but still not right.

And, on either system, if during the 5-second delay I try to start (by any means) a stand-alone TCC, the new TCC starts (according to TaskMgr) but does not become visible until the 5 seconds expires.

2. "UppdateTitles=No"
3. TITLEPROMPT set

Not reproducible here.