Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

IFTP Asks for User input - How to avoid?

Aug
Hi!

I have a few issues with IFTP that someone hopefully can help me to solve?

1. I would like to use IFTP for an automated file retrieval service, but when connecting to an FTPS Site which has a self-signed certificate, I get a warning asking to accept the certificate Yes/No. Any way I can automatically accept it? Even if I use /Q it prompts the user for a response.

2. My FTP server uses TLS v1 as default, which IFTP does not seem to support (only SSL v2/V3). Any way to get IFTP to connect to an FTP site with TLS v1?

Ingar.

| 1. I would like to use IFTP for an automated file retrieval service,
| but when connecting to an FTPS Site which has a self-signed
| certificate, I get a warning asking to accept the certificate Yes/No.
| Any way I can automatically accept it? Even if I use /Q it prompts
| the user for a response.

You may try this approach (no guarantees!):

IFTPS ftp:... < yes

Your 2nd question is for Rex Conn.

BTW, your questions should be in the TC_Support forum. The "Tips" group is intended for tips you provide to others.
--
HTH, Steve

| 1. I would like to use IFTP for an automated file retrieval service,
| but when connecting to an FTPS Site which has a self-signed
| certificate, I get a warning asking to accept the certificate Yes/No.
| Any way I can automatically accept it? Even if I use /Q it prompts
| the user for a response.

You may try this approach (no guarantees!):

IFTPS ftp:... < yes

Your 2nd question is for Rex Conn.

BTW, your questions should be in the TC_Support forum. The "Tips" group is intended for tips you provide to others.
--
HTH, Steve

Hi, thanks. I'll put my next questions in the right forum.

I already tried < yes - (I think I used that method back in the good old 4DOS days) but it doesn't work now in TCC (I get "The system cannot find the file specified").

Ingar

| I already tried < yes - (I think I used that method back in the good old 4DOS days) but it
| doesn't work now in TCC (I get "The system cannot find the file specified").

Try a file containing the word YES, referred to as yes.txt below.

iftps ftp:... < yes.txt

Also, when you quote a message, only include the minimum necessary to understand the response, and NEVER quote the signature, nor the line separating the message text from the signature, in standard-compliant messages containing "-- ". Many mail packages, including the one I use, strip everything starting at the separator. I had to manually quote the above aegment.
--
Steve

Try a file containing the word YES, referred to as yes.txt below.

iftps ftp:... < yes.txt

Yeah, tried that aswell, no go. that makes it run, but IFTP still pauses at "Would you like to continue? (Y/N)?" I tried several variations of your suggestion with "y" "yes" "Y" etc in the file, but no luck.

Thanks for the help though.
--
Ingar.

Well, if it doesn't read from stdin, there's always KEYSTACK....

Or even:

Code:
echo yes |! iftps ftp:...

-Scott

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve
Fabian
Try a file containing the word YES,
referred to as yes.txt below.

iftps ftp:...
< yes.txt
Or perhaps even

Code:
iftps ftp:...
<<< yes

Well, if it doesn't read from stdin, there's always KEYSTACK....

Ok, thanks for all the tips. I actually opened the JP Help file, and made something (almost) work.

start iftp "ftps://ib:[email protected]" & keystack "y" enter /w50

The above one works, but it opens iftp in a New TCC windows, but I want to open it in the current window. Running the command without "start" makes keystack run AFTER iftp has finished.. Any other tips?

Thanks for the help so far.
--
Ingar

Ok, thanks for all the tips. I actually opened the JP Help file, and made something (almost) work.

start iftp "ftps://ib:[email protected]" & keystack "y" enter /w50

The above one works, but it opens iftp in a New TCC windows, but I want to open it in the current window. Running the command without "start" makes keystack run AFTER iftp has finished.. Any other tips?

Put the KEYSTACK before the IFTP. Oh, and you probably want the /W50 before the "Y".

Back