Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Install fails and removes tcmd

Mar
I tried several times to install 12.1. The installer removed my old 12.0 and now the command processor won't run. I think I got tcmd to start but tcc gives and error message when I try to execute a command. I have gotten tcc to run but if I try to execute tcmd I now get the message cannot find \program files\jpsoft\tcmd12\tcmd.exe and that is the file I tried to execute.

I tried several times to install 12.1. The installer removed my old 12.0 and now the command processor won't run. I think I got tcmd to start but tcc gives and error message when I try to execute a command. I have gotten tcc to run but if I try to execute tcmd I now get the message cannot find \program files\jpsoft\tcmd12\tcmd.exe and that is the file I tried to execute.

I'll need a lot more details on exactly what you did and what error messages tcc is giving.

What version of Windows are you using? (And 32-bit or 64-bit?)

What version of TCMD did you install? (And 32-bit or 64-bit?)

What is the exact error message you get from TCC?

How are you trying to execute TCMD - from a shortcut or from the command line?

Is TCMD.EXE actually in the directory?

Have you tried doing an uninstall and then installing 12.10?

I'll need a lot more details on exactly what you did and what error messages tcc is giving.
---Several but basically cannot find c:\program files\jpsoft\tcmd12\tcc.exe
What version of Windows are you using? (And 32-bit or 64-bit?)
-- 32 bit xp

What version of TCMD did you install? (And 32-bit or 64-bit?)
-- 32 bit
What is the exact error message you get from TCC?
--as above or something with coin in it
How are you trying to execute TCMD - from a shortcut or from the command line?
--both
Is TCMD.EXE actually in the directory?
--yes
Have you tried doing an uninstall and then installing 12.10?
--yes several times
***I did get it working but I am not sure how I did it. I think it was a problem with comspec. I have it limping but for some reason my tcstart.btm is lost and I have to look for a back up. It seems to have wiped out that file. I have been afraid to shut down but I will have to and try tomorrow, but this update sure has caused more problems than it fixes.

TCMD 12.1 now working

I have gotten it to work. The trouble seemed to be with comspec not pointing to tcc. I am not sure why it wasn't set by tcmd or why tcmd couldn't find tcc. The installation erased my tcstart and tcmd.ini files. I did have an ini file in %LOCALAPPDATA% but it seems that tcmd did not find it. I forget how I fixed comspec but when I moved my ini file to the tcmd program directory and found my tcstart back up, everything seems to be working.

Re: TCMD 12.1 now working

I have gotten it to work. The trouble seemed to be with comspec not pointing to tcc. I am not sure why it wasn't set by tcmd or why tcmd couldn't find tcc. The installation erased my tcstart and tcmd.ini files. I did have an ini file in %LOCALAPPDATA% but it seems that tcmd did not find it. I forget how I fixed comspec but when I moved my ini file to the tcmd program directory and found my tcstart back up, everything seems to be working.

TCMD does not set COMSPEC because it would render it unusable for people who are running CMD in a TCMD tab window.

TCC will set COMSPEC to point to itself.

The installer will definitely not erase TCSTART or TCMD.INI. However, if you install to a different directory than before, the old versions may not be found (depending on their original locations and the version of Windows).

You can always find the location of TCMD.INI in use by running OPTION and looking at the title.