Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Logging in to the forum

I may have done it with iexplore ... just testing.

And now I did it with FireFox (which didn't work originally). I re-entered the login info manually. Next I'll try it with FireFox remembering the info.

And now I did it with FireFox (which didn't work originally). I re-entered the login info manually. Next I'll try it with FireFox remembering the info.

Actually, in spite of the "you are not logged in" message (not "bad credentials" message) I **am** logged in. I posted this after it told me I wasn't logged in. But I don't see my customized interface and I can't go to the UserCP.

What's going on here? I just posted a reply to my previous message. I saw it in the forum. I got it in the mail. I came back to the forum and it's gone. And I can't get to the UserCP. That's why I couldn't login earlier ... because my shortcut was aimed at usercp.php.

What's going on here? I just posted a reply to my previous message. I saw it in the forum. I got it in the mail. I came back to the forum and it's gone. And I can't get to the UserCP. That's why I couldn't login earlier ... because my shortcut was aimed at usercp.php.
The forum seems fine and http://jpsoft.com/forums/usercp.php is working fine for me...

You sure you don't have some sort of infection? The strange problems you've been having, and that decoder.dll being plopped down on your system the other day seems pretty suspicious to me!

The forum seems fine and http://jpsoft.com/forums/usercp.php is working fine for me...

You sure you don't have some sort of infection? The strange problems you've been having, and that decoder.dll being plopped down on your system the other day seems pretty suspicious to me!

I doubt it. I logged in 5 minutes ago and didn't see what I expected ... chose "linear mode" ... saw things oldest to newest. This time, I'm seeing them newest to oldest. It's all quite crazy. Everything else, including many login-requiring sites, is working fine.

I somehow got it working adequately at home; it even honors "remember me" (which I could never get to work before). And I can use either the "forums" url or the "forums/usercp" url.

But now it's bad at work.

If I use the "forums" url, I go to the forums page ... put my creds in the boxes at top-right ... press "login" and I go to the same page ... no welcome at the top ... "if this is your first visit ...". But I am logged in; if I go to any group, I see the "Welcome, you last visited ...". But if I then click "usercp" I get what's described below (as if I had used the "usercp" url from the beginning.

If I use the usercp url, the first thing I see is the "vBulletin Message" page ... "You are not logged in ..." (this is not the "bad credentials page"). That page has two opportinuties to login (small, top-right and a big one in the middle) ... using either one takes me right back to the same page. I can "jump" to the forums and discover that I'm logged in ("Welcome vefatica") but if I click "usercp" I'm right back at the "You are not logged in ..." page.

I've had FF4 for a few days so I don't blame it for the problems which started yesterday.

On Wed, 13 Apr 2011 11:36:14 -0400, rconn <> wrote:

|I've tried it on four systems, and have had zero other reports of problems, so I'm 99% certain this is a problem specific to your configuration.
|
|Have you tried refreshing the page(s) (in case you've got something bad stuck in your cache)?

Many times; also cleared FF's cache several times. Now, it's OK on both
computers. I expect it will go sour again.

Many times; also cleared FF's cache several times. Now, it's OK on both
computers. I expect it will go sour again.

I had one other user report the same problem last night, also using FireFox 4. I googled a bit and discovered it is a known FF 4 bug (with vBulletin's html gzip compression). I've turned off the compression for now (which unfortunately will make everything & everybody a bit slower); let me know if you see the problem again.