Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined MONITOR commands; several @WIN...[] functions

May
New monitor command: WINDOWMONITOR. This command should create a thread which monitors creation, moving, sizing, hiding and closing of windows. The window should be specifiable by title, by PID, or by window handle (except creation). It should use internal variables passed to the activated command the affected window's handle, title, PID, and possibly additional information not accessible using the @WIN...[] functions.
Enhanced PROCESSMONITOR command: permit specification of the process to be monitored by its PID.
New function: @WINHANDLE.Returns the window handle; subject window specified by title or by PID.
Enhance all functions returning information about a window by permitting specification of window of interest by PID or window handle:
@WINCLIENTSIZE
@WINEXENAME
@WINPID
@WINPOS
@WINSIZE
@WINSTATE
--
Steve

New monitor command: WINDOWMONITOR. This command should create a thread which monitors creation, moving, sizing, hiding and closing of windows. The window should be specifiable by title, by PID, or by window handle (except creation). It should use internal variables passed to the activated command the affected window's handle, title, PID, and possibly additional information not accessible using the @WIN...[] functions.

The only way to do all of that would be to inject a dll into every process in the system -- and there's no way I'm going to do that. It's a support nightmare, and a constant battle with antivirus apps who (quite rightly!) view it as highly dubious behavior.

---- Original Message ----
To: [email protected]
Sent: Monday, 2010. October 25. 21:56
Subject: RE: [Suggestions-t-2348] Re: MONITOR commands; several
@WIN...[] functions

| Quote:
| Originally Posted by Steve F�bi�n
|| New monitor command: WINDOWMONITOR. This command should create a
|| thread which monitors creation, moving, sizing, hiding and closing of
|| windows. The window should be specifiable by title, by PID, or by
|| window handle (except creation). It should use internal variables
|| passed to the activated command the affected window's handle, title,
|| PID, and possibly additional information not accessible using the
|| @WIN...[] functions.
|
| The only way to do all of that would be to inject a dll into every
| process in the system -- and there's no way I'm going to do that.
| It's a support nightmare, and a constant battle with antivirus apps
| who (quite rightly!) view it as highly dubious behavior.

Vince's sysutils.dll plugin has the command WAITWIN that does all I'd like, except that it is done in the TCC process, not in a thread. All I'd like is to be able to make it a thread that can be terminated when some other event occurs. For example, I may want to detect any one of several events, whichever occurs first - but possibly none will ever occur, so timeout is not necessarily useful.
--
Steve