Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Move Buttons Between Tabbed Toolbars

Aug
Hi,
Using TCC 11.00.26 Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
TCC Build 26 Windows XP Build 2600 Service Pack 3

Is there a way to move/copy buttons between tabs in the toolbars?

If not, could this ability be added, possibly via drag-and-drop? Or by some other means?

The ability to re-arrange buttons in an individual toolbar would also be a good feature.

I'm doing this manually now, with;

notepad "%_ininame"
and re-arranging and re-numbering via the file, and then reloading from .INI

Really like the ability to have up to 20 tabs. Never knew how much easier it was to click to start a .btm, or to launch a web site.

Thanks from Joe.

> Is there a way to move/copy buttons between tabs in the toolbars?
>
> If not, could this ability be added, possibly via drag-and-drop? Or
> by some other means?
>
> The ability to re-arrange buttons in an individual toolbar would also
> be a good feature.

That's not supported in the tab control. I already have a request to the
developers to implement that in a future version.

Rex Conn
JP Software

I love the tabbed toolbars in v11. And like the OP, moving buttons was something that immediately came to mind. A quick edit of the INI file is good enough for me, but yes it would be nice for a future build if the developers make it possible in the GUI.

Speaking of multiple tabbed toolbars and editing the TCMD.INI file... and the process I'm about to describe is the results of doing something in the category of 'unsupported' so I'm by no means calling it a bug, but I am sure someone besides me will end up doing it so I thought it was worth mentioning for them...

If you take a [Buttons] section from a v10 TCMD.INI file and put it in a v11 TCMD.INI file without an already existing toolbar, it will work fine as the 'untitled' toolbar tab. But if within TCMD you decide to rename this 'untitled' toolbar tab, and then add a new toolbar tab, you will find that the buttons on the now renamed original tab have disappeared. No need to freak out. All you have to do is select "Save to .INI' and then immediately do a 'Reload from .INI' and the buttons will return. Of course this still leave a now unused [Buttons] section, so if you are going to edit the INI file and paste in the buttons from a v10 INI file, just rename the '[Buttons]' section to '[Toolbar1]' and add below it a 'title=whateverwantthefirsttabnamed' line and you will avoid this issue.