Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

new to tcc

Apr
Hi,

I'm new to TC but was absolutely in love with my faithful 4DOS 6 which I got to know quite well. So ... got the 30 day trial and my first problem is that I don't seem to have any .ini file, and there's no list of it's configuration options that I can find. I used the 'Options' window, and made a few changes, but where are they stored? Also, is there some primer for guys like me moving on from 4DOS? My first impression of the new 'help' is negative -- where's the old list of commands?

Hi,

I'm new to TC but was absolutely in love with my faithful 4DOS 6 which I got to know quite well. So ... got the 30 day trial and my first problem is that I don't seem to have any .ini file, and there's no list of it's configuration options that I can find. I used the 'Options' window, and made a few changes, but where are they stored? Also, is there some primer for guys like me moving on from 4DOS? My first impression of the new 'help' is negative -- where's the old list of commands?

Pay no attention to my whining ;-) ... I just found the command help, it's just that it works the Windows way, with those '+' '-' thingies.

Can I import my old macros?

| Can I import my old macros?

YES! That is, if by "macro" you mean "alias"...

BTW, the internal variable _ININAME is set to the full path of the .INI file
used in the current instance of TCC.
--
Steve

| Can I import my old macros?

YES! That is, if by "macro" you mean "alias"...

BTW, the internal variable _ININAME is set to the full path of the .INI file
used in the current instance of TCC.
--
Steve

Thanks Steve, yep, there it is in ...\Application Data\ ... gotta get used to the fact that this is a Windows App :-( ... of course that's just the point isn't it? So, it hasta conform to Bill's rules. Bill Rules. Bill's rules.

And, er, yes, I meant 'alisas'.

Thanks Steve, yep, there it is in ...\Application Data\ ... gotta get used to the fact that this is a Windows App :-( ... of course that's just the point isn't it? So, it hasta conform to Bill's rules. Bill Rules. Bill's rules.

And, er, yes, I meant 'alisas'.

I got bitten by the "Dude, where's my config file?" problem for a while and went back to using the "@c:\takecommand\tc.ini" directive in the syntax that launches TCC.exe. (or whatever that .INI file's name is) I hate having to live in thrall to \Program Files or \Documents and Settings, etc. Feh. So I made sure to put the config file where TCC.exe itself lives.