Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

No dash in Command Tool Bar Button

Aug
Hi,
I have several .btm's with dashes in the names, for example,

get-gmail.btm
get-weather.btm
get-setican.btm

These all work great from the CLI. I decided to add toolbar buttons, and execute them from the buttons.

In the Tool Bar Button Dialog, under Command, I have entered get-weather.btm enter. When I click the button, it comes out on the command line as getweather.btm enter, which is missing the dash.

My solution to the problem was to enclose the command in double-quotes, and it is sent to the CLI with the dash in the filename.

I do not have to use double quotes for any files that do not have a dash in the file name.

Is this by design? I am using;

TCC 11.00.52 Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
TCC Build 52 Windows XP Build 2600 Service Pack 3

Joe

Hi,
I have several .btm's with dashes in the names, for example,

get-gmail.btm
get-weather.btm
get-setican.btm

These all work great from the CLI. I decided to add toolbar buttons, and execute them from the buttons.

In the Tool Bar Button Dialog, under Command, I have entered get-weather.btm enter. When I click the button, it comes out on the command line as getweather.btm enter, which is missing the dash.

My solution to the problem was to enclose the command in double-quotes, and it is sent to the CLI with the dash in the filename.

I do not have to use double quotes for any files that do not have a dash in the file name.

Is this by design? I am using;

WAD, if you're sending text to the current tab window. Text is in KEYSTACK format, which means it must *always* be enclosed in double quotes. See "Tab Window Toolbar Configuration" in the help.