Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

option[treepath]

I have a WinXP system where I mainly use TCMD 8 and have the IDX file at D:\TakeCommand\IDX; If I miove to Windows Vista this brings up a couple questions.

1) Looks like in TCMD 10 there is no opton[treepath]; Any workarounds that will work for both TCMD 8 and 10 so I don't have to have the IDX in C:\
2) Where are the default locations for the INI and IDX files under Vista?

Thank you.

P.S and OT: What is the easiest way to make an install program if you just have a EXE file that you want to install onto a system? Basically prompt for a folder/directory to install into and do any space/etc. checking then install? Also be great if it added a add/rmeove entry to the Add/Remove programs list....

[email protected] wrote:

> 1) Looks like in TCMD 10 there is no opton[treepath]; Any workarounds that will work for both TCMD 8 and 10 so I don't have to have the IDX in C:\
> 2) Where are the default locations for the INI and IDX files under Vista?

The TC help says:

"The database is stored in the file JPSTREE.IDX. By default, the file is
placed in the root directory of drive C:. Because of security
restrictions in Windows Vista, the the default directory in Vista is
defined as the value of the environment variable APPDATA (predefined by
Windows). If you are running Vista and don't have APPDATA in your
environment, the default directory will be the directory where TCC is
installed. You can specify a different location for this file on the
Command Line tab of the configuration dialogs."

> P.S and OT: What is the easiest way to make an install program if you just have a EXE file that you want to install onto a system? Basically prompt for a folder/directory to install into and do any space/etc. checking then install? Also be great if it added a add/rmeove entry to the Add/Remove programs list....

Use either NSIS or InnoSetup, depending on your preference.