Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Powershell in Take Command - Customizing colors?

May
Hi,

I'm just starting using Powershell inside Take command and it works great. I have one question though:

Is it possible to customize the colors of the output of the "ls" (dir/Get-ChildItem) command so that the directories are displayed using a different color than the regular files?

Thanks in advance!

Is it possible to customize the colors of the output of the "ls" (dir/Get-ChildItem) command so that the directories are displayed using a different color than the regular files?

That's a PowerShell question, not TCMD -- you'll have to ask Microsoft. TCMD just displays whatever colors the console app is using; it cannot insert itself into PowerShell and change PowerShell's internal behavior.

(If you're running TCC in a TCMD tab window, you can colorize directories.)

That's a PowerShell question, not TCMD -- you'll have to ask Microsoft. TCMD just displays whatever colors the console app is using; it cannot insert itself into PowerShell and change PowerShell's internal behavior.

(If you're running TCC in a TCMD tab window, you can colorize directories.)

Thanks for the reply.

I'm not sure I'm correct but I think I've heard PowerShell doesn't colorize anything by itself, but some application wrappers were able to intercept the output of that "ls" command and apply some colors before the final output.. I though maybe Take Command was one of them.

I'm not sure I'm correct but I think I've heard PowerShell doesn't colorize anything by itself, but some application wrappers were able to intercept the output of that "ls" command and apply some colors before the final output.. I though maybe Take Command was one of them.

You could probably do this with a PowerShell cmdlet. But TCMD doesn't run inside PowerShell (or even in the same session).