Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Take Command 11 registry keys not removed

Jun
I upgraded to Take Command 12.00.35 and it was installed in the same location as 11; in XP Pro w/SP3

When I went to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall I found that the keys for Take Command 11 had not been removed during the installation process. I manually deleted them.

Also, installed x64 version in XP Pro x64 w/SP2 and noticed that the keys were not removed from that registry either.

Just to be thorough - installed Take Command 12.00.35 in Win7 32 & 64 - same result - keys for Take Command 11 not removed.

Yes, I had checked the box to remove the earlier version.

At least the install routine is consistent

I upgraded to Take Command 12.00.35 and it was installed in the same location as 11; in XP Pro w/SP3

When I went to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall I found that the keys for Take Command 11 had not been removed during the installation process. I manually deleted them.

Also, installed x64 version in XP Pro x64 w/SP2 and noticed that the keys were not removed from that registry either.

Just to be thorough - installed Take Command 12.00.35 in Win7 32 & 64 - same result - keys for Take Command 11 not removed.

Yes, I had checked the box to remove the earlier version.

At least the install routine is consistent

WAD. The keys are not removed so that you can reinstall without having to find & reenter your key. (And always have been, back to at least v5.)