Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TASKDIALOG - behind TCMD window

May
Using TCMD 12 build 36 on Windows 7.

I've noticed that when you use TASKDIALOG the displayed dialog is mostly placed *behind* the TCMD window. (You can get to it via e.g. Alt-Tab, but that is somewhat of a bother)

Generally the first TASKDIALOG shown in a TCMD tab window is ok, but subsequent ones are always placed behind the TCMD main window.

MSGBOX and QUERYBOX does not seem to have this problem. They get placed behind the TCMD window only when you click it while they are open, but they immediately "pop back" somehow.

When you run the dialogs in a TCC console window they are all modal and cannot get stuck behind it.

And while I'm on the subject, is there any way to display multi-line text in any of these dialogs? (Not only two different texts like TASKDIALOG has, but say 10 lines of text for instance).

Using TCMD 12 build 36 on Windows 7.

I've noticed that when you use TASKDIALOG the displayed dialog is mostly placed *behind* the TCMD window. (You can get to it via e.g. Alt-Tab, but that is somewhat of a bother)

Generally the first TASKDIALOG shown in a TCMD tab window is ok, but subsequent ones are always placed behind the TCMD main window.

MSGBOX and QUERYBOX does not seem to have this problem. They get placed behind the TCMD window only when you click it while they are open, but they immediately "pop back" somehow.

When you run the dialogs in a TCC console window they are all modal and cannot get stuck behind it.

And while I'm on the subject, is there any way to display multi-line text in any of these dialogs? (Not only two different texts like TASKDIALOG has, but say 10 lines of text for instance).

An old, old Windows bug. (Microsoft has known about it for years, but apparently hasn't deemed it important enough to fix.) MSGBOX and QUERYBOX definitely *do* have this problem, except that I added an especially nasty kludge to intercept the Windows APIs and force the popup window to the foreground. This is not doable with the task dialog popups.

You can display multiple lines by inserting LF's into your text.