- Mar
- 4
- 0
Hello!
I wanted to start using TCC/LE a bit more. On the computer I usually sit at and do the most work at under Windows 11 Pro, I have a problem: 64-bit TCC/LE won't properly start, giving a terminal window and a signon message, then exits quietly without any hints as to what might have happened. However, 32-bit TCC/LE starts properly.
Others have suggested that Windows Defender's real-time protection might be the culprit. I turned off Windows Defender's real-time protection; 64-bit TCC/LE still unceremoniously exits without so much as a hint as to why.
I've tried adding the path to the 64-bit TCC/LE as both a process and a file. Neither work.
However, if I go to a normal Windows command prompt session, change into the TCC/LE 64-bit install directory, starting it with a bogus command flag, e.g. /d, it seems to start, but not the way TCC/LE normally starts with an OS/2-style prompt, with a "ver" command confirming that it started. If I give "tcc" without any command flags, it also exits quietly.
Finally, I installed an eval copy of the 64-bit version of TCC, and it fires up just fine, so I may just go ahead and get a license in about two weeks (next payday at work).
About the only thing I can figure might be a file I may need to delete somewhere in my home directory, but the one JPSoft directory in that hierarchy has nothing in it, even when checked with attrib.
Elsewhere in my assets which run Windows 11, like the machines I use for my streaming, the 64-bit TCC/LE happily starts just fine. I did not install the 32-bit version as I didn't see a need to do so on these computers.
I guess I may just get that license and be done with it on this machine. I really SHOULD just reinstall this machine, but I hate reinstalling systems, despite conventional wisdom concerning Microsoft systems, which I hate anyway. >:(
Thanks!
--Katt. =^.^=
I wanted to start using TCC/LE a bit more. On the computer I usually sit at and do the most work at under Windows 11 Pro, I have a problem: 64-bit TCC/LE won't properly start, giving a terminal window and a signon message, then exits quietly without any hints as to what might have happened. However, 32-bit TCC/LE starts properly.
Others have suggested that Windows Defender's real-time protection might be the culprit. I turned off Windows Defender's real-time protection; 64-bit TCC/LE still unceremoniously exits without so much as a hint as to why.
I've tried adding the path to the 64-bit TCC/LE as both a process and a file. Neither work.
However, if I go to a normal Windows command prompt session, change into the TCC/LE 64-bit install directory, starting it with a bogus command flag, e.g. /d, it seems to start, but not the way TCC/LE normally starts with an OS/2-style prompt, with a "ver" command confirming that it started. If I give "tcc" without any command flags, it also exits quietly.
Finally, I installed an eval copy of the 64-bit version of TCC, and it fires up just fine, so I may just go ahead and get a license in about two weeks (next payday at work).
About the only thing I can figure might be a file I may need to delete somewhere in my home directory, but the one JPSoft directory in that hierarchy has nothing in it, even when checked with attrib.
Elsewhere in my assets which run Windows 11, like the machines I use for my streaming, the 64-bit TCC/LE happily starts just fine. I did not install the 32-bit version as I didn't see a need to do so on these computers.
I guess I may just get that license and be done with it on this machine. I really SHOULD just reinstall this machine, but I hate reinstalling systems, despite conventional wisdom concerning Microsoft systems, which I hate anyway. >:(
Thanks!
--Katt. =^.^=
Last edited: