Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TCC Out of memory with aliases and functions

Nov
Hi,

This is a minor issue that I only see on x64 Take Command. I am currently running TCC 11.00.30 x64 on Windows 7. I have several aliases and user defined functions but still have plenty of free alias and function memory. If a function or alias is already defined, and I redefine it, I will receive an "out of alias memory" or "out of function memory". If I unalias or unfunction the function, I can then define it without error. I have only seen this x64 TC, and was running x86 and x64 TC side by side for a few days. If easy fix great, otherwise I will make sure I undefine first.

John

Hi,

This is a minor issue that I only see on x64 Take Command. I am currently running TCC 11.00.30 x64 on Windows 7. I have several aliases and user defined functions but still have plenty of free alias and function memory. If a function or alias is already defined, and I redefine it, I will receive an "out of alias memory" or "out of function memory". If I unalias or unfunction the function, I can then define it without error. I have only seen this x64 TC, and was running x86 and x64 TC side by side for a few days. If easy fix great, otherwise I will make sure I undefine first.

John

Are you using local or global alias & function lists?

Hi,

John

I'm unable to reproduce this (either with local or global lists).

Can you give me an example that fails for you (either a series of command line entries or a small batch file)?

I'm unable to reproduce this (either with local or global lists).

Can you give me an example that fails for you (either a series of command line entries or a small batch file)?

I was able to boil it down further, key is x64 and first loading the alias from a file:

* Define an alias in a file, such as alias.tc
AliasTest dir /p
* Load aliases
alias /r alias.tc
*Redefine alias at the command prompt
alias AliasTest=dir
*Receive error message
TCC: Out of alias space

* I am using global aliases - I don’t specify to use local aliases in configuration or switches
* Does not reproduce under x86 Take Command
* After following the above steps, switching to local list then trying to redefine causes gpf (though I don't fully understand alias /l, x86 tc does not gpt in this case)

Alias /l
Alias AliasTest=dir