Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TCMD 10 issues

Dec
I have 3 suggestions for ver 10

1. "Prompt window" background Colors seem wrong:
If you type "color bri white on blue" and then "cls" (to set the new color)
Now do any command and the background color is still black outside of any text.

2. Using the listview as a filemanager allows me to drag a file to the desktop but I cannot reverse the process and copy a file from the desktop into the filemanager.

3. Under "options/tabs" I've configured the first tab to be domain<DOMAIN>\administrator with the appropriate credentials but it still comes up as my current logged on userID.

Thanks,
Jim Klein

I have 3 suggestions for ver 10

1. "Prompt window" background Colors seem wrong:
If you type "color bri white on blue" and then "cls" (to set the new color)
Now do any command and the background color is still black outside of any text.

2. Using the listview as a filemanager allows me to drag a file to the desktop but I cannot reverse the process and copy a file from the desktop into the filemanager.

3. Under "options/tabs" I've configured the first tab to be domain<DOMAIN>\administrator with the appropriate credentials but it still comes up as my current logged on userID.

Thanks,
Jim Klein

1. Not a TCMD issue -- TCMD is mirroring (exactly) what the console app is doing regarding colors, and console apps will default to the original background color when they scroll. If you go to the TCMD "Options / Configure Take Command" menu and click on "Tabs", you can select the default console window colors.

2. I'm not sure what you're trying to do here -- can you elaborate?

3. What version of Windows are you running?

1. Not a TCMD issue -- TCMD is mirroring (exactly) what the console app is doing regarding colors, and console apps will default to the original background color when they scroll. If you go to the TCMD "Options / Configure Take Command" menu and click on "Tabs", you can select the default console window colors.

2. I'm not sure what you're trying to do here -- can you elaborate?
I'm attempting to use the file/list view as a filemanager. I can move a file to the desktop by dragging it out onto the desktop but I cannot drag it back in.

3. What version of Windows are you running?[/quote]
Vista/64