Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TCMD 9.02 crashing on Vista

Jul
I just upgraded from TCMD 9.0 to 9.02. Now it crashes every time I start it. The GUI never shows, just a Vista "the program has stopped working" dialog.

What do I need to provide so that this problem can be diagnosed? I cannot upgrade TCMD without it.

It is also crashing on Windows XP.

I am VERY disappointed in JPSoft's support. I posted this thread over a week ago and there have been no replies. According to the support link, this forum is supposed to be frequented by the technical support people. I have been a customer of JPSoft for many years, starting with 4DOS and moving into 4NT, but no more. I will certainly NOT pay to upgrade to TCMD 10, if this is the level of support I can expect.

TC Ver: 9.02.155

After upgrading TC from 9.02.154 to 9.02.155, TCC.exe is crashing when initializing on my USB drive. When I stick the same USB drive into my Windows Server 2003 machine it works fine. When I downgraded .155 back to .154, it again works fine on Vista. The .gpf file says that the problem is in ntdll.dll. I am running a tcstart.btm file. When starting TCMD.exe version .155 on Vista, the first session gets several errors saying that there is not enough storage for the operation. It is saying this on OPTION and SET statements that are getting executed from the tcstart.btm file. This didn't happen with .154. Again, this only happens when tcc/tcmd is starting up on a usb drive. 155 is working on Vista's when starting from the hard drive.

Is there a way to get the 9.02.154 installation files?
--
Xavier

I just upgraded from TCMD 9.0 to 9.02. Now it crashes every time I start it. The GUI never shows, just a Vista "the program has stopped working" dialog.

What do I need to provide so that this problem can be diagnosed? I cannot upgrade TCMD without it.

It is also crashing on Windows XP.

I am VERY disappointed in JPSoft's support. I posted this thread over a week ago and there have been no replies. According to the support link, this forum is supposed to be frequented by the technical support people. I have been a customer of JPSoft for many years, starting with 4DOS and moving into 4NT, but no more. I will certainly NOT pay to upgrade to TCMD 10, if this is the level of support I can expect.

If you are using the inikey version, the following link may help.

http://www.jpsoft.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1040

---
Xavier

TheXman wrote:

> OS: Vista SP1
> TC Ver: 9.02.155
>
> After upgrading TC from 9.02.154 to 9.02.155, TCC.exe is crashing when initializing on my USB drive. When I stick the same USB drive into my Windows Server 2003 machine it works fine. When I downgraded .155 back to .154, it again works fine on Vista. The .gpf file says that the problem is in ntdll.dll. I am running a tcstart.btm file. When starting TCMD.exe version .155 on Vista, the first session gets several errors saying that there is not enough storage for the operation. It is saying this on OPTION and SET statements that are getting executed from the tcstart.btm file. This didn't happen with .154. Again, this only happens when tcc/tcmd is starting up on a usb drive. 155 is working on Vista's when starting from the hard drive.

Are you running the inikey version?

I need to see the gpf file(s) to make a diagnosis.

Rex Conn
JP Software