Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Toolbar filter by directory attribute /A:D fails

Apr
Hello!

I'm new to TC (just installed 11.00.52, on WinXP SP2), perhaps I'm doing something wrong, or there is a workaround so I can see console and files in List View at same time.

I'd like to see just files, no directories, in List View, but putting attribute selector parameter /A:-D in Explorer toolbar Filter combo box has no effect (/A:D does show only directories; both work fine as parameter for ATTRIB and DIR in console). I could not find anything about this being a bug or changed in TC 12.

The reason I want to do this is so that I can see file names in the List View window, e.g. to drag to console. For directories with many sub-directories, the only items visible are the sub-directories, which are listed first; I have to repeatedly scroll down to see the file names. As it is, I feel I am not getting one of the main benefits of TC, ability to work with GUI file list and command line in same application.

Making the List View window bigger is not a good solution (especially if View, Details is selected) since that makes the console rather small, or if List View is floating it covers the console too much. Maybe there is a better way to accomplih this simultaneous viewing in TC?

(Other quirks noticed in Filter:
/A: should see all items, but hidden files not seen
/A:H should see only hidden, but only non-hidden directories seen
)

Thanks for any pointers.

- Scott B.

I'd like to see just files, no directories, in List View, but putting attribute selector parameter /A:-D in Explorer toolbar Filter combo box has no effect (/A:D does show only directories; both work fine as parameter for ATTRIB and DIR in console). I could not find anything about this being a bug or changed in TC 12.

This is happening in the Windows list control. Directories are always assumed to be unfiltered, so TCMD never even sees them to apply its own filtering.

I can probably override this; I'll have to experiment a bit.

Rex Conn
JP Software