Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Fixed v22b39 expired?

May
TCC v22 b39 is opening with the "trial expired" message. Entering my key brings me back to that message.
Likewise version 21.
Version 20 starts OK.

FWIW, I just got FIOS internet (and still have a RoadRunner connection too). The FIOS one is the default, having a lower metric.

I think this is a problem with their licensing system as I am experiencing the same problem. I set my date back to yesterday and it worked.

Yes, I wouldn't recommend setting the clock back (just pointing out that it did work, so it does seem like something to do with the licensing system). I switched back to v20 until this is resolved.

I'm having the same issue, setting the date back works until the date is current then Take Command closes.

Ditto.

1520971959593.png

Joe

More me too (both 22.00.39 & 21.00.34): had similar problem a year ago, unfortunately the solution them does not work now! Rex, Help!

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Saturday, July 15, 2017 1:56 AM
To: 'Rex Conn' <[email protected]>

Do install over v20, as normal
Overwrite into c:\4nt\ (sorry, but hardcoded into some btms) Finish install (never asks for key) Run tcmd.exe, (or tcc.exe), get box that "This trial version of Take Command 21 has Expired! You can buy" ....
Choose register button, dialog, enter registration key, push OK ....
"This trial version of Take Command 21 has Expired! You can buy" ....
Loop from "trial version" until hit exit. Does not seem to nest.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Saturday, July 15, 2017 6:07 AM

Uninstall v20 before installing v21. Your system is blocking the TCMD installer from registering the new COM dll (and unregistering the old one).

Rex Conn
JP Software

This worked then, but not now: I uninstalled all tcmd(s), rebooted, installed tcmd, and am back in the loop . . .!

Happened to me here, today. Tried to re-enter key, did not "stick" (this did happen once before and re-entry of key did fix the problem that one time). Tried another purchased key, still does not stick. Tried to generate a Manual key via Soraco, bound to the laptop, entered that, still in the loop. Most things in the FAQ do not work since I can't even get a proper TCC session to check things out. I tried to re-register the licening DLL - no success (I removed -s to be sure registration went through). Last I tried installing 22v39, but that did not help either (I was on whatever the January version of TCMD22 was).
Any suggestions what next to try? I don't have TCMD20 (the latest version I had prior to 22 was 16).
-Andrej

This is true for me too. Expiration message cannot be removed be reentering registration key. Key is ignored. see below the german message:
Unbenannt.PNG

The problem is with the Symantec / Comodo (/ Microsoft?) code signing certificate, which for unknown reasons suddenly decided to fail to authenticate a couple of hours ago. I have a patched v22 uploaded already; a v21 patch is being built now and should be uploaded in another 10-15 minutes.

V22 is fixed here. Don't forget to change the info on the downloads page. Can't wait for v21 to be fixed.

Should I uninstall first? I did with v22 not knowing if it was necessary.

Back