Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

waiting for WM_WINDOWPOSCHANGING notification?

I apologize in advance for my lack of understanding of what I'm going to ask. I'm venturing in a new area for me.

I neet to make a batch file block until its console receives a WM_WINDOWPOSCHANGING notification from a windows application. Is this possible, and how?
I should provide that application with the handle of the destination window. Am I correct in guessing that the destination window is my console window of class ConsoleWindowClass?
How can I get that handle? One solution which needs the sysutils plugin is below, but perhaps something simpler is available in TCC 9.02?
Code:
[%@execstr[whichwin /c ConsoleWindowClass /v /p %_pid /F h]

TIA

On Fri, 06 Mar 2009 10:34:07 -0600, Stefano Piccardi <>
wrote:

|I neet to make a batch file block until its console receives a WM_WINDOWPOSCHANGING notification from a windows application. Is this possible, and how?
|I should provide that application with the handle of the destination window. Am I correct in guessing that the destination window is my console window of class ConsoleWindowClass?
|How can I get that handle? One solution which needs the sysutils plugin is below, but perhaps something simpler is available in TCC 9.02?

As for precisely that message ... ??? If TCC has variables that give its
window's position (?) you might loop while testing them for a change.

It was nearly trivial to add a switch to WAITWIN (SYSUTILS) to wait for
EVENT_SYSTEM_MOVESIZEEND (could also do EVENT_SYSTEM_MOVESIZESTART). I don't
know exactly how these win events correspond to WM_WINDOWPOSCHANGING. I could
leave these in WAITWIN if you want to try them. Let me know.
--
- Vince

Back