Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Win7 Installer Q?

samintz

Scott Mintz
May
Instead of asking if I want a quick launch icon, would it be possible to
have the installer pin TC12 to the taskbar during installation in Win7?

I manually "pinned" the TC12 shortcut on my taskbar, but the icon gets
messed up when I update. I have to unpin and re-pin to fix it.

-Scott

Instead of asking if I want a quick launch icon, would it be possible to
have the installer pin TC12 to the taskbar during installation in Win7?

I believe Microsoft, due to the abuse Quick Launch has had in the past (same as the abuse the notification area / tray has had), decided to not allow installers to mess with the pinned items in the taskbar (or, for that matter in the start menu). Their philosophy is that the user should have more power than the developer.

On 2010-09-05 07:52, gschizas wrote:

> I believe Microsoft, due to the abuse Quick Launch has had in the past (same as the abuse the notification area / tray has had), decided to not allow installers to mess with the pinned items in the taskbar (or, for that matter in the start menu). Their philosophy is that the user should have more power than the developer.

I wish they had done this with the My Documents folder too. I abandoned use of that folder for my personal files, almost since it was introduced, due to all kinds of installers and programs (even those by Microsoft themselves) messing around in it, without my explicit approval. :)