Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Windows 8 Installation

May
Has anyone been able to install Take Command x64 (ver. 13) on Win8 x64 ? I see a dialog box pop up near the end of the installation with a list of files, but then it goes away and the installation hangs. The app is listed in the 'Programs and Features', but not in the Menu structure. The actual files are in the folder I selected during the install, but won't run. The 'Uninstall' from "Program and Features" does work. I realize this (Win8) is pre-beta, I was just wondering if anyone else had tried yet…

I haven't tried Win8 yet (and don't plan to until the beta). But it sounds like you're having a problem with the Windows Installer, not Take Command.

You are right (as usual)… And as the installer doesn't finish correctly I don't expect the app to function correctly, but I'll go back and see what other damage I can do… ;-)

…thanks

I haven't tried Win8 yet (and don't plan to until the beta). But it sounds like you're having a problem with the Windows Installer, not Take Command.

I killed the installer when it hung and it appears that everything installed okay (briefest of testing)… Immediately noticed that the standard initialization message is missing the first line. Instead of the message I get on my Win7 x64 machine of:

TCC 13.00.23 x64 Windows 7 [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright 2011 JP Software Inc. All Rights Reserved
Registered to Mr. Jiggs - 6 System License

I get:

Copyright 2011 JP Software Inc. All Rights Reserved

and the ver /r displays its last line only:

This could be fun…