Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Active FTP Problems

Hello

I am using the latest build of Take Command to connect to an FTP server which only accepts Active FTP connections. The IFTP command works just fine, and the connection is established, but when I then try to do anything with the FTP server - get a directory listing or copy a file from it, for example - Take Command freezes for about 10 seconds then closes itself down.

I included /p0 on the IFTP command, to disable Passive connections.

I added a /v to the IFTP command to try and see what was happening, and it looks like Take Command is switching to Passive mode and then sending a LIST command to the FTP server. After a pause, the LIST command times out with an error message, but then Take Command immediately closes itself.

Thanks in anticipation for any help with this...!

Chris

Hello

I am using the latest build of Take Command to connect to an FTP server which only accepts Active FTP connections. The IFTP command works just fine, and the connection is established, but when I then try to do anything with the FTP server - get a directory listing or copy a file from it, for example - Take Command freezes for about 10 seconds then closes itself down.

Is this a public server (one that I can test from here)?