Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Failure with WINDOW Command

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun
When I issue a command like the following:

WINDOW /POS=0,0,500,500

all I get is a syntax message. It seems to me that this follows exactly
what the help for the WINDOW command says should work (with or without
the slash before POS). What's wrong?

-- Jay

When I issue a command like the following:

WINDOW /POS=0,0,500,500

all I get is a syntax message. It seems to me that this follows exactly
what the help for the WINDOW command says should work (with or without
the slash before POS). What's wrong?

In Take Command, or in a standalone TCC?

In Take Command, or in a standalone TCC?

Sorry, I should have made that clear. in Take Command.

The problem is probably that the window positioning option works only with stand-alone TCC. It would be nice if the help information included a note to that effect.

This begs the question: how DO I set the position/size of the Take Command window?

-- Jay

Sorry, I should have made that clear. in Take Command.

The problem is probably that the window positioning option works only with stand-alone TCC. It would be nice if the help information included a note to that effect.

This begs the question: how DO I set the position/size of the Take Command window?

-- Jay

You cannot resize the Take Command window from a TCC tab window using the WINDOW command. This is WAD, as a lot of programs (though not TCC) take it very badly when their window size changes.

If you're determined to resize the window and you're only running TCC in the tabs, you can use the ACTIVATE command.

You cannot resize the Take Command window from a TCC tab window using the WINDOW command. This is WAD, as a lot of programs (though not TCC) take it very badly when their window size changes.

If you're determined to resize the window and you're only running TCC in the tabs, you can use the ACTIVATE command.

I tried that, and Take Command vanished. From then on I could not run it at all. It must have gotten positioned entirely off the screen. Finally I had the idea to run ACTIVATE "TC 10 *" MAX, and that made it reappear.

I'm not trying to make frequent changes; I just want TC to come up with a standard size and position. Also, after using an LCD projector, the window gets messed up, and I'd like to have an alias that will restore it to the original configuration on my high-resolution laptop screen. (The other way to prevent that problem is to close TC before sending the video to the projector -- just minimizing is not sufficient -- but I often forget.)

-- Jay

Status
Not open for further replies.