Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

How do I reply to forum postings?

Apr
Hello -

Yesterday, I registered for the forums, received the confirmation email, successfully clicked the confirmation link, and later received an email stating that I had been approved to join the forums.

I then created 3 threads (each with a question).

I would now like to post a "Reply" to one of the threads. As I look at the thread in the forum window, the upper right of the screen says "Welcome, daniel347x", and the "Log Out" button is visible beneath it, so I am clearly logged in.

However, there is no "Reply" button visible *anywhere* on the page. It is simply impossible for me to reply to, or further contribute to, any of my questions on the forum.

Can you please help me resolve this? I'd like to follow up on a thread from yesterday.

Thanks,
Dan.

*** FOLLOW UP *** I still cannot "reply".

I have attached a screenshot. I have the "edit" button and the "quote" button. But no "reply" button anywhere in sight. Frustrating!

Any thoughts?

Attachments

• TC_no_reply_button_in_forums.jpg
    TC_no_reply_button_in_forums.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 215
On Thu, 28 Apr 2011 22:39:30 -0400, daniel347x <> wrote:

|Hello -
|
|Yesterday, I registered for the forums, received the confirmation email, successfully clicked the confirmation link, and later received an email stating that I had been approved to join the forums.
|
|I then created 3 threads (each with a question).
|
|I would now like to post a "Reply" to one of the threads. As I look at the thread in the forum window, the upper right of the screen says "Welcome, daniel347x", and the "Log Out" button is visible beneath it, so I am clearly logged in.
|
|However, there is no "Reply" button visible *anywhere* on the page. It is simply impossible for me to reply to, or further contribute to, any of my questions on the forum.
|
|Can you please help me resolve this? I'd like to follow up on a thread from yesterday.

You must be looking at the contents of a thread (an article). Above the first
article should be "Post Reply" and in the box containing the article, "Quote"
(and "Edit" if it's your own post).

Daniel, click on the Display Modes drop down in the top RH corner of the thread display and select Switch to Linear Mode. I think you will find that a more comfortable experience :)

Wow.

Wonder why "Linear" mode isn't the default? I signed up and was immediately in "threaded" mode, unable to reply to postings. I wonder how many others have had the same experience.

Thanks,
Dan.