Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

How would you activate a scrolling window title?

Jul
Winamp scrolls its window title. So how would I use the ACTIVATE command with a title that is always changing? Sure, it has "winamp" in the title, but it may be "win" at the end and "amp" at the begining, or "winam" at the end and "p" at the beginning.

is there a way to ACTIVATE by some other window identification?

Is there a way to list the window titles we can ACTIVATE?

Try a simple activate "*- winamp*"

Thanks!
That definitely works.

I think WinAmp's strangeness may actually have created a new question, which is how do I activate a specific sub-window so that I can control it's position. Activate /POS= moves everything as a whole, but in my case I'm trying to just move winamp (not the playlist editor, not the minilyrics plugin, which i already have positioned with a previous activate command).

I have my own 3rd party window list but i do feel like the activate command oughtta have a "/L" option or such to tell us the names that can be activated. Would be really helpful for troubleshooting....

And yes.. there's a band named Tacocat, how strange.

1686938976431.png

Or maybe activate "winamp*"

I think all the fancy bling is confusing us. The title bar is not scrolling. The title bar is not visible!

The title of the window cycles. It's a feature of winamp. Makes it so you can actually read the whole song title in the task bar if you just wait for it to scroll enough. Really handy if people are in the room wondering what's playing.

I could very well be wrong. Not familiar with WinAmp; I only just downloaded a copy to mess with.

I highly recommend the MIniLyrics plugin, as well as checking out the MilkDrop visualizer of course.

Oh as a follow-up, i thought i'd provide a video of the scrolling window title just so anyone reading knows what i meant

test.gif

Back