Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

New JP Software feedback forum

rconn

Administrator
May
Staff member
By now, you've probably noticed the "Feedback" tab on the left margin.

Clicking on "Feedback" will take you to our new Feedback Forum, where you can submit suggestions for new features and have other users vote on them.

The key here is that you only have 10 votes, so you can't just say "Me too for #1. Me too for #2. Me too for #3...". If an idea is accepted or rejected, you get your vote back.

Please try it, submit new feature suggestions and/or vote on other ideas.

By now, you've probably noticed the "Feedback" tab on the left margin.

Clicking on "Feedback" will take you to our new Feedback Forum, where you can submit suggestions for new features and have other users vote on them.

The key here is that you only have 10 votes, so you can't just say "Me too for #1. Me too for #2. Me too for #3...". If an idea is accepted or rejected, you get your vote back.

Please try it, submit new feature suggestions and/or vote on other ideas.
What left margin? I don't see a left margin at all. I'm using FireFox 3.6.13 on Windows XP Pro SP3.

3.6.13 on

Did you block Javascript?

Rex Conn
JP Software
I use NoScript, but have had jpsoft.com included in the white list all along.
Under FireFox Tools->Options->Content, Enable Javascript is checked (and has been all along).

I use NoScript, but have had jpsoft.com included in the white list all along. Under FireFox Tools->Options->Content, Enable Javascript is checked (and has been all along).

You might need to whitelist uservoice.com as well.

You might need to whitelist uservoice.com as well.
1) Using Firefox with NoScript (jpsoft.com/googleapis.com allowed)
2) Forums set to DefaultStyle.
==> No Feedback-tab
3) Forums switched to JP Software (Now uservoice-script; not with the DefaultStyle: Is this intentional?).
4) Allowed uservoice.com in NoScript.
5) cdn.uservoice.com times-out.
==> Still no Feedback-tab

--
haskell

Fair enough.

--
haskell

I noticed you removed the ping and tracert results, but I wanted to explain what you were seeing. Your ping results proved that the server in fact was *not* timing out. The timeout in the traceroute results was most definitely a router on the way to the server, and not the server itself. If you waited long enough for the traceroute to finish on its own, it probably would have still found its destination even with one or more timeouts in between. See the "Implementation" section here for an explanation of how traceroute works (and keep in mind that ICMP=ping):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tracert#Implementation

Hope this helps. :-)

You might also try a Refresh in case FireFox has cached an old copy of the page.

I use the Ghostery add-on for Firefox. From the Ghostery menu, I clicked "Whitelist Domain", refreshed the page, and I now see the feedback tab on the left, white letters on a red background.

Joe

---- Original Message ----
| Quote:
| Originally Posted by haskell
|| 3) Forums switched to JP Software (Now uservoice-script; not with the
|| DefaultStyle: Is this intentional?).
|
| WAD -- if a user switched back to the old ugly buggy style, I'm
| assuming they're highly resistant to change. So they won't see any of
| the upcoming new features.

Most of the tasks I deal with are pure data processing (except playing games), where TCC is of major benefit, but graphics has next to nothing to contribute. I am thus highly keyboard oriented.
I am not resistant to change, but I BROWSE only very rarely. I prefer service software, such as mail- and news-client to collect messages of interest from a variety of servers automatically into topic-related folders on my own machine and inform me when something new arrived.