Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ProcessMonitor Does Not Work With Quoted Process Name

Dec
If I type in something like:

processmonitor "Test.exe" ENDED Forever cmd.exe

then

processmonitor

the following is displayed:

"Test.exe" ENDED (0/FOREVER) cmd.exe

but if I what to clear the monitor for that process by typing:

processmonitor /c "Test.exe"

Nothing happens and the monitor remains active.

Craig

At first I was including directory names which did include spaces.

Thanks for the fix!

I was doing something similar to

start /C %Application
processmonitor %Application ENDED FOREVER HandleCrash.BTM

For what I was using this for, %Application was not in the local directory and was in a directory with embedded spaces. ProcessMonitor seemed work in every way exept for clearing it. Once it was defined you could only clear it using the global version of ProcessMonitor /C without a process name.

I did work around this problem by stripping the directory portion off before passing it to ProcessMonitor. For consistence, if you can start a monitor with quote you should be able to stop it without having to use the global clear. So the fix being unnecessary? Maybe, but for consistence, no.

Thanks again for fixing it.

Craig

Thanks for the fix!

I was doing something similar to

start /C %Application
processmonitor %Application ENDED FOREVER HandleCrash.BTM

For what I was using this for, %Application was not in the local directory and was in a directory with embedded spaces. ProcessMonitor seemed work in every way exept for clearing it. Once it was defined you could only clear it using the global version of ProcessMonitor /C without a process name.

Windows throws away the pathnames for the process list, so TCC only compares the filename part.

| Windows throws away the pathnames for the process list, so TCC only compares the filename part.

Recommend this sentence be added to the PROCESSMONITOR topic. BTW, the command is not in the INDEX.
--
Steve