Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Question on File completion

Nov
I have a file called 2do.txt.
If I type 2 at the command prompt and press tab, cmd.exe expands the filename and completes it.
Is there any setting in TCC by which this can be achieved.
I know I can get TCC to expand the filename(non-executable) if I prefix it with a space.
I tried with FILECOMPLETION=:file
and FILECOMPLETION=*:file
settings. No Luck.

I have a file called 2do.txt.
If I type 2 at the command prompt and press tab, cmd.exe expands the filename and completes it. Is there any setting in TCC by which this can be achieved. I know I can get TCC to expand the filename(non-executable) if I prefix it with a space.

At the beginning of a command line, TCC will only expand executables and subdirectory names. You can override this restriction, as you've noted, by typing a space: after the space, you're no longer at the start of the command line.

I don't know of any way to make TCC complete all file types at the start of a command line. But if you're only interested in certain specific file types, you can make those types 'executable' by setting environment variables. (TCSTART.BTM is a good place for this kind of thing.)

Code:
set .txt=notepad.exe
set .doc=winword.exe

Substitute the filenames (and pathnames, if needed) of your preferred applications. See HELP EXEEXT for more info.

Charles,

Wow!
Thank you,

You are a legend.
I have spent atleast 45 minutes trying to figure this out.

--
Holla.