Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Scrollbars in Take Command 10 Window

Jul
If I open TC, the cursor and prompt are in the upper left -- good.

But then if I type "dir c:\Users\CWBillow\Desktop"

Yes, I get the directory listing, but it acts like it's in a windows 2-3 times as large, with most of the info off the screen to the left -- and no scroll bars.

I don't have, nor do I want a maximized window. I adjusted the font to ConsOAS 4 so I could see it better.

Isn't there a way to have the left side (prompt) always visible, with a scroll bar if I need to go to the right?

Regards,
Chuck Billow

If I open TC, the cursor and prompt are in the upper left -- good.

But then if I type "dir c:\Users\CWBillow\Desktop"

Yes, I get the directory listing, but it acts like it's in a windows 2-3 times as large, with most of the info off the screen to the left -- and no scroll bars.

I don't have, nor do I want a maximized window. I adjusted the font to ConsOAS 4 so I could see it better.

Isn't there a way to have the left side (prompt) always visible, with a scroll bar if I need to go to the right?

I don't quite understand what problem you are having. Have you read the "Resizing the Take Command Window" page in the Help?

I don't quite understand what problem you are having. Have you read the "Resizing the Take Command Window" page in the Help?

David:

I think what I found was a conflict between certain font size/selection combinations and, to quote the help:

"When the virtual width is larger than the actual width, a standard horizontal scroll bar is displayed to allow you to see any hidden output."

I didn't always find that to be the case with different combinations of font-face and size. I found a combination that does work for me now, and so it has become, I suppose, a non-issue.

Thanks,
Chuck